The Doctoral School Council
The Doctoral School Council comprises 26 members, in accordance with the equilibriums established by Article 9 of the 25 May 2016 decree. The Director summons and chairs Council meetings. The Doctoral School also includes a Board of Directors and a Thesis Committee appraising individual applications to prepare a doctoral cirruculum.
The Doctoral School Council members are :
- 14 representatives of the research institutions, research units and teams.
- 2 representatives of the engineering, administrative or technical staff.
- 5 members from outside the Doctoral School, chosen among qualified figures active within the scientific fields and socio-economic sectors pertaining to those of the DS.
- 5 PhD students, elected by the doctoral school’s registered student body among them. These elected PhD students take part in the DS’s decision-making process,
The Doctoral School is steered by a Director, responsible for implementing the school’s action programme. The local Deputy Directors oversee local affairs in each of the 3 sites.
The Doctoral School Bureau
The Doctoral School Bureau comprises the Director and Deputy Directors. The Dir. board meets as often as necessary to prepare and implement the DS’s action programme and to organize its Council meetings.
PhD student representatives
PhD student representatives can take part in the decision-making process at their doctoral school, speak for their fellow PhD students, and serve as a link between them and the directorate.
Internal rules and procedures
The Doctoral School is provided with its own internal rules and procedures specifying:
- The doctoral school’s organization and governance.
- First-year registration procedures, for PhD students without direct funding, funded by a doctoral contract, or under joint supervision.
- Re-registration procedures for each academic year.
- The ratio of supervisors to doctoral students.
- Means and methods for the PhD students’ disciplinary, trans-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary training.
- Exemptions/exceptions concerning PhD students’ obligatory training hours and credits.
- Thesis defence procedures.
- Post-thesis monitoring.
- Mediation procedures.